Thursday, June 08, 2006

Un-American Activities: Countercultural Themes in Christianity

That's the working title of a book I'm writing with my dad. It's another reason I'm at Solomon's Porch, to get some inpiration, practical advice and writing time.

The book is about a modern father and postmodern daughter reflecting on their pilgrimages of life and faith. Of course, the project is very interesting to me because in the process of it I'm learning so much more about myself, my dad and our family. What I wonder is why it would be interesting to anybody else and how to communicate that.

I think it's interesting because:
- it's challenging on many different levels
- it's educational; learn about theology, sermon prep, third-world Christianity, Lutheran traditions
- it provides a form of translation from modern to postmodern
- you may discover, like I did that you are postmodern stuck in a modern church that doesn't make sense

The first four chapters of the book are @ unamericanactivities.blogspot.com. We'd love to get your feedback.

No comments: