Tuesday, September 26, 2006

unpredictable worshipper

I became a totally unpredictable worshipper this past weekend as I found myself "preaching" the message at all 4 of our services.

Some observations:
- talking at 4 services is a chore, I have a new appreciation for my pastor who does this each week
- following the LBW (Lutheran Book of Worship) feels so lifeless, especially when done back to back with our contemporary service which is filled with rhythm & motion & openness & risk takers
- we added several other unpredictable elements, such as communal communion, a powerful acapella solo performed on bended knee, a guided prayer meditation
- while stepping out of my comfort zone was extremely uncomfortable, it wasn't as painful as I imagined it would be

the unpredictable worshipper (pdf)

Revelation 2:7

No comments: