Monday, January 10, 2005

miracles

Have faith in me when I say that the Father is one with me and that I am one with the Father. Or else have faith in me simply because of the things I do. John 14: 11

I believe in miracles, but I’ve always had a difficult time believing some of the miracles described in the Bible. I always thought that believing in these miracles was a requirement to be a “true” Christian. As I read this text, I think I have a different understanding. The miracles Jesus performed were not for my benefit. That is not what I am charged with having faith in. The miracles Jesus performed seem to be directed at those around him who could not believe what he said. I am being directed to have faith in what God is saying to me now or at least to have faith in what God is doing in my life. I think I can try to do that.

Filed in:

No comments: